[asterisk-dev] Early Media With Ringback

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Apr 8 10:31:48 CDT 2013

On 04/07/2013 11:44 AM, Joshua Elson wrote:
> I am looking at reviving a version of this issue:
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-10487
>
> We have an issue with early media and the Dial 'r' option.  We run our
> own LCR on a big portion of our traffic.  We occasionally have issues
> with upstream carriers hanging onto an INVITE attempt provisionally for
> multiple seconds.  We can use the 'r' option to provide ringback to our
> caller so they know we're attempting the call.  However, when we use
> 'r', we do not receive early media.  This is a problem, as a number of
> IVRs these days run the first tree selection or disambiguation in early
> media.  So some random numbers will appear broken to our customers.
>
> I updated the 10487 patch for Asterisk 11, and re-implemented the 'R'
> option, which offers ring with early media interruption.
>
> Updated code is here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/ywxBVAid
>
> I know there's been a long running discussion about this patch and its
> applicability.

After reading through the comments on the issue, I think everyone was in
agreement that a new option to Dial was appropriate. It was just a lack
of feedback on testing that stalled the issue.

I've re-opened it - do you mind signing a license agreement and
attaching a patch written for Asterisk trunk to the issue?

Thanks

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan