[asterisk-dev] GSM Encryption

Hans Witvliet asterisk at a-domani.nl
Fri Oct 26 04:43:31 CDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 23:21 -0700, sab sab wrote:

> Thank you for your reply, but I don't want to use a smart phone to do
> this or the data connection of the phone. Basically this is were I
> want to get:
>

> wifi network ->wifi adapter raspberry pi -> asterisk raspberry pi
> ("routing")-> ENCRYPTION(personal flavour) ->(chan_mobile)bluetooth
> adapter raspberry pi->phone with bluetooth ->voice connection
>

> Can this be done?

Sure,
So you want to leave out the GSM-network alltogether...
But it's use is extreme limited:
Firstly, the range of BT is rather limited so you need to be a couple of
meters away from the other BT-endpoint. There is a slight difference
between the quality needed of presence indication, or voice-grade
quality/bandwidth.

Secondly, i found the stability of the BT-connection is a bit "flaky" to
put it mildly.
But that might be a problem of all the BT-adapters i had available ;-)

And if you are just sitting behind your PC, you don't need a GSM-phone,
but just a BT-head-set.