[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] mjordan: branch certified-1.8.11 r375024 - in /certified/branches/1.8.11: ./ ...

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Oct 16 08:56:50 CDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 01:54 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> 15 okt 2012 kl. 16:11 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories <svn-commits at lists.digium.com>:
>

> I don't think Asterisk even after this patch is correct. I did send mail to Terry about it
> earlier when he started working with it.

Whoops!  I blame Terry :-)

The patch had already been committed to 1.8+, and when I looked at the
review there were no open or further findings, hence the commit over.
I've filed ASTERISK-20570 to make sure this gets fixed.

> If Asterisk gets an INVITE and activate session timers, it needs to be in a require header
> in the response. If we send an invite we need to check if the other end activates
> timers by checking the require header.

Yup, if the Session-Expires header field in the 200 OK response from the
UAS sets the refresher parameter to 'uac' then it must add the Require
header with a value of 'timer'.  It doesn't look like that's occurring
in respprep.

> If we do not add a require header in the response, the other end runs SIP session timers
> alone, without bothering with Asterisk.

I have a feeling this was missed because the behaviour even without the
Require header is likely to be the same for many endpoints.  Most
likely, the endpoints that were tested inspected the 200 response's
Session-Expires header field/refresher parameter even without the
Require:timer.  That being said, there will definitely be *some*
endpoint out there that doesn't, and we should be following the RFC here.

> I noticed this in my PRACK work, which also is a sip extension. In that branch you'll find code
> for Require header usage and I've added a hook for the session timers there as well as
> a reminder.

Nifty - I'll take a look.  (To narrow my focus, what methods did you add?)

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager