[asterisk-dev] script to call mom

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Mon Oct 15 22:02:33 CDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 10:53 PM, Tom Hangstin wrote:
> so my mom has like 4 phones and i would like to make a asterisk agi
> script to call all her phones and have it connect me to what ever
> phone she answers on.
>
> basically i call ext. 666 "mom, lol" and the agi script goes to work
> calling her phones and connects her to me when ever she picks up, if
> its busy it keeps trying that line until it rings and the lines she
> does not pick up can just go to vm.
>
> I hit up google but as far as i can tell i cant use agi to make a call
> and have it connect to the channel im calling from. Ideas, thoughts?

are they all asterisk extensions ? if so just add them to a ring group

I can't recall the details of what I did but I have a ring group of sip
extensions, no answer there (fwd no answer), place a call on a trunk to
my cell, still no answer fwd to vm.

Thats not exactly what you want since you want it at the same time but I
think that could be done since I think I have an asterisk extension that
represents the call out to my cell, and I would just add that to the
initial group to have it all happen at the same time.

I have a sip client on my cell as well thats in the initial group so
that rings first if I am somewhere with wifi and its like a cordless
call not a cell call if I get it during the first part of the ringing
sequence.

(just to bump up the complexity a notch and confuse people that happens
from my doorphone too whether I am there or not, answering the doorphone
when you're not there is a sure fire way to confuse people.)