[asterisk-dev] Any Sip Account

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Oct 15 13:29:59 CDT 2012

15 okt 2012 kl. 09:18 skrev "Yves A." <yves030 at gmx.de>:

> Hi Olle,
>
> I remember having seen you in Rostock @ amooma... glad to read from you!
>
> concerning my question / your answer:
> I think I need SIP-registrations, because I don´t know how to place and receive calls with
> a SIP Phone that is not registered without giving up the "comfort" that comes with the
> registration....
> - knowing about registered peers,
> - easy dialling from SIP Peers just by entering the extension... the rest is done by the dialplan
> - contexts
>
> and so on...
>
> or am I missing something? Is there a way to achieve these things without registration?

Hi!
This is not really an asterisk-dev discussion. The simple answer is that you have to have
accounts to have peers. We have the autocreatepeers setting that is very dangerous
and you won't be able to control what's going on any more...

Go for a database and use a script to autogenerate your accounts.
/O