[asterisk-dev] Asterisk CREDITS

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:41:53 CDT 2012

All

While working on Doxygen I have found many inline credits in the
"\file" stanza and other locations of apps, resources, core components
and etc.  I started the work of merging all this info into the CREDITS
file.  I then cleaned up the formatting of CREDITS white-space and
even noticed some duplication.  This is an ongoing issue and one topic
that I discussed with Tilghman was about the formatting of an email
address for anti spam.  In response to our emails I realized that many
of the email addresses are out of date...  eg tilghman at digium.com
bounces mail. A persons name and email in combination are an
identifier currently.

Everyone please offer your opinions on the following points.

1. Should email addresses be altered for anti spam purposes?

2. Could we maybe update the repotools "authors" file with the license
numbers for each person?

3. Should we link to or transclude the repotools "authors" file?

4. Should all inline credits be moved to CREDITS or should I just
create a Doxygen group for them?

5. Thanks for making this far, have you checked your name/email
correctness in Asterisk/Credits or the repotools "authors" file?

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~