[asterisk-dev] Asterisk.org online Doxygen Docs

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:25:17 CDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Jonathan Rose <jrose at digium.com> wrote:
> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> Moving all information to the wiki took away an important function to
>> keep
>> development resources in sync - the ability to check that
>> documentation
>> followed the commit. And the wiki is still not always reachable (and
>> last time
>> I checked the PDF it was horrible) in places where people work with
>> asterisk
>> trying to fix bugs.
>>
>> The channelvariables document was something I kept tight control
>> over.
>> Every time someone committed something that touch a chan var I made
>> sure that it was documented. Taking it from the source added extra
>> burden
>> and I haven't checked since. Importing it from the source to the wiki
>> makes more sense for that type of document. Updates follows the dev
>> process.
>
> I'm pretty sure you can set to watch certain pages on the wiki, and we
> could probably make a policy of including revisions that spur
> documentation changes to the 'reasons for editing' field for a given
> edit.
>
> Note:
> Ignore the last (empty) message. I bumped my arm in just the right
> awkward way that I clicked send when I didn't at all mean to.

Thank you everyone for the feed back.  If we are to use the
development process please make your notes on the issue at
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-20259 to reflect your
opinions. I am happy to update the documentation and will continue to
work on this issue. I will assume for the record that no one has
reviewed my updates in their own systems to see that search, and many
documentation related issues are now resolved.  Prior to these patches
the Doxygen config file would not load sample config files or related
txt files.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~