[asterisk-dev] Asterisk.org online Doxygen Docs

Jonathan Rose jrose at digium.com
Wed Oct 10 09:16:10 CDT 2012

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Moving all information to the wiki took away an important function to
> keep
> development resources in sync - the ability to check that
> documentation
> followed the commit. And the wiki is still not always reachable (and
> last time
> I checked the PDF it was horrible) in places where people work with
> asterisk
> trying to fix bugs.
>
> The channelvariables document was something I kept tight control
> over.
> Every time someone committed something that touch a chan var I made
> sure that it was documented. Taking it from the source added extra
> burden
> and I haven't checked since. Importing it from the source to the wiki
> makes more sense for that type of document. Updates follows the dev
> process.

I'm pretty sure you can set to watch certain pages on the wiki, and we
could probably make a policy of including revisions that spur
documentation changes to the 'reasons for editing' field for a given
edit.

Note:
Ignore the last (empty) message. I bumped my arm in just the right
awkward way that I clicked send when I didn't at all mean to.