[asterisk-dev] 13 November, 2012 New SIP stack update

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Mon Nov 19 11:04:39 CST 2012

On 12-11-19 10:51 AM, Dan Jenkins wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Can I ask why git.asterisk.org will be the home?
>
> Why wouldn't you use github for your open source projects, where you want
> people to be able to submit pull requests and be part of the community? I
> don't want to hijack this thread with talk about git, but as you brought up
> talk of git.asterisk.org maybe we need to move it out of this thread, if
> it's up for discussion?

I would actually propose code be submitted to your code review tool, for
example gerrit[1], rather then creating pull requests against a specific
branch. You would then use something like git-review[2], to deal with
pushing reviews up to gerrit.

Where gerrit merges to code after is up for debate.  But I agree,
github.com is ideal and takes the burden of maintenance off Digium

[1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/
[2] https://github.com/openstack-ci/git-review

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.