[asterisk-dev] git (was: 13 November, 2012 New SIP stack update)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Nov 19 10:37:57 CST 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 04:30:11PM +0000, Dan Jenkins wrote:
> My personal view is that GitHub is the home of git open source
> projects. It provides great APIs and has great interoperability with
> Jira and other tools.

If you require a project to reside in GitHub and use those other
(non-ditributed) services GitHub provids, the project is not really
distributed, is it?

Which is why I personally keep stuff out of GitHub.
https://gitorious.org/asterisk-tools/asterisk

> If you felt the need to have a copy on say git.asterisk.org that's
> fairly simple with push/commit hooks.

The above is mirred automatically from my locally-generated git-svn
mirror.

I go appreciate the fact that Digium hosts its own services.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com