[asterisk-dev] Testers wanted (I mean YOU) for Comfort Noise labs

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Nov 19 11:03:13 CST 2012

On 11/19/2012 07:17 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Friends,
>
> My work with comfort noise support in Asterisk took a big leap forward today. I had a version that
> replaced the lack of frames with music on hold, but today it was swapped out and I now use the
> noise generator contributed by cmantunes earlier.
>
> This only applies to the core bridge (at least that's what I tested). I will investigate what's needed
> for app_queue and possibly if needed, the rtp bridge.
>
> Asterisk will properly negotiate CN support in SDP and will take incoming CNG frames and
> either forward over the bridge (if the other side of the call supports CN) or generate noise
> until audio frames are received.
>
> I have not added a silence generator, so asterisk will not generate it's own CN frames and
> suppress silence. This is a coming step. At least we can now bridge a call with full CN
> support.
>
> If you want to help me test, check out this branch
> http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/oej/roibos-cng-support-1.8
>
> Check the README.roibos-cng.txt file for more information.
>
> A big thank you to Matt Jordan and Joshua Colp for guidelines and ideas on this work.

Cool stuff Olle.

Are there some particular scenarios and/or endpoints you'd like to see
tested?

Are there any scenarios that you think could be automated with SIPp?
(If nothing else, it looks like the SDP negotiation could be put into a
SIPp test pretty quickly)

Currently the Asterisk Test Suite assumes a team branch is equivalent to
trunk, but we could tweak it to allow it to 'force' the Asterisk
installation under test to be treated as a particular version.  That
would allow a Bamboo plan to be pointed at your branch and have the 1.8
compatible tests run against it.  Any scenarios that are automated could
be dropped into a branch of the Test Suite and run against the roibus
Asterisk branch as well.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get that set up.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager