[asterisk-dev] git (was: 13 November, 2012 New SIP stack update)

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Nov 19 10:02:17 CST 2012

On 19/11/12 16:51, Dan Jenkins wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Can I ask why git.asterisk.org will be the home?
>
> Why wouldn't you use github for your open source projects, where you want
> people to be able to submit pull requests and be part of the community? I
> don't want to hijack this thread with talk about git, but as you brought up
> talk of git.asterisk.org maybe we need to move it out of this thread, if
> it's up for discussion?

Given the distributed nature of git, it's quite possible you could do
both, or just have the whole thing on github (or one of the various
equivalents, like gitorious), and then set up a cron job to pull
everything to your private server every hour

For the conversion process, if it is any help, feel free to borrow the
script I used for reSIProcate (see my earlier email for the link)