[asterisk-dev] 13 November, 2012 New SIP stack update

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saghul at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:09:09 CST 2012

>> On top of that, PJSIP's design is not modular in that it doesn't
>> dynamically load modules such as codecs at runtime, everything is
>> embedded, so I fail to see how a single build would fit all.
>
> That is a useful insight - do you see that changing upstream?
>
> This suggests that packaging pjsip would be troublesome too, at least in
> the current form

Well, the approach has been like this since I know PJSIP, so I can't
really tell. I guess that's something to ask them, but looks like a
complex matter specially given that PJSIP's build system is complex on
its own. But it would be great to know if the PJSIP guys are willing to
go that route.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
http://saghul.net/blog | http://about.me/saghul