[asterisk-dev] New SIP channel driver project page

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Thu Nov 8 10:02:27 CST 2012

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saghul at gmail.com>wrote:

> As Joshua has said earlier, PJSIP is project that is kind of meant to be
> embedded in applications. The build system only provides static libraries
> and if you need changes to the library deep down, you need to modify PJSIP
> itself in a way it may not really benefit anyone.

I understand that's how pjsip is currently designed and built.  The problem
is that it *sucks*.  Hopefully we don't need to argue through all the
reasons why bundling code is a terrible idea.

Given the amount of work involved in building a new channel driver, if
pjsip was used, putting some effort into making pjsip suck less in being a
proper library seems worthwhile.

--
Russell Bryant