[asterisk-dev] Project Planning Template

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Nov 2 22:01:47 CDT 2012

Hello all -

One of the topics discussed at AstriDevCon was how we could, as an open
source project, better coordinate efforts between developers on major
projects being developed for Asterisk 12.  One idea that came up was to
have a page on the Asterisk wiki for each major project and - on that
page - provide information for developers to aid in collaboration.
Information could include things like:
* The subversion feature branches being used for active development for
that project
* Tracking of the efforts that have been done on a project, what efforts
are currently in progress, and what still has to be done
* Convey the requirements for the project, high-level design, and other
useful concepts for software development
* Link to other pertinent information related to the project (RFCs, etc.)

The pages should *not* be used as a means for discussion - that has
historically worked quite well on the mailing lists, and the consensus
was to keep it that way.

As such, we've created a draft project planning template on the Asterisk
wiki:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Project+Planning+Template

If everyone thinks this is a good idea, I'll make the template an actual
wiki template on the Asterisk wiki, so pages can be made directly from
it (and I'll update the Confluence Tips page to explain how to do
that!), as well as keep it in the Policies subsection.

Feedback welcome!

Thanks,

Matt

--