[asterisk-dev] "Sending Complete" IE status availability ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu May 24 14:32:25 CDT 2012

Hi!
  I would like to ask, whether it is possible to query the "Sending Complete"
flag status received by the PRI DAHDI channel (in Asterisk 1.8 and above).
  Let's explain better: A SETUP message comes to Asterisk with Called Party
Number digits = 12345. This message MAY contain the Sending Complete IE,
telling, that no more dialling will come, or MAY NOT contain it, in which case
more digits in the overlap mode can be received.
  Is there a chance to query the status of the Sending Complete IE presence
from the dialplan ? Let's imagine that the dialplan contains the _1! extension,
which will be triggered by the above example SETUP message. In the
extension logic there may be a part which reads more digits in the overlap
mode, but skips the reading in the en-bloc mode (i.e. if the Sending Complete
IE has been received). I didn't find anything relevant on Google, and the only
usage of the flag which I found in sig_pri.c was that presence of this
IE together with zero digits received triggers the "s" extension.
  With regards,
    Pavel