[asterisk-dev] sqlite3 DB memory leaking?

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Thu May 24 13:45:39 CDT 2012

Hello,

i have an asterisk 1.8 (to be precise dev branch unleash-the-beast)
running since around 11 weeks with sqlite3 db enabled for custome cdr
logging and i can see the master.db file in /var/log/asterisk is
allready 471 MB big. When i do an database show i dont see any entries
in the astdb so i wonder why this file is so big and is still growing up.

the file grows 1024 Byte every minute so i guess there is some kind of
memory leak .

i dont use astdb in my dialplan on any place and there are no registered
sip peers. so for me the output of database show (only two dundi rows)
looks correct to me but i something keeps writing 1 KB every minute into
the master.db file.

if possible i will try to restart asterisk and watch if i can reproduce
this after the restart.

some additional infos about this system:

1125266 calls processed
System uptime: 10 weeks, 6 days, 9 hours, 48 minutes, 34 seconds

HP DL 360G4 with intel xeon quad core 2Ghz, 4 GB ram and doing around
150 concurrent calls in peak.

any ideas what could cause this?

thanks

best regards