[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-users] Calling Directory app from AGI

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Wed Mar 28 02:49:47 CDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Mike Diehl <mdiehl at diehlnet.com> wrote:
> I'm going to resurrect this message since my signed developer's agreement has
> been approved.
>
> I have a patch to app_directory that causes it to set a variable with the box
> number of the selected mailbox.  My patch is for 1.6.x, but I've got a 10.x
> upgrade on my radar and will be happy to port my patch to the latest version.

If you have a patch, you're more than welcome to reopen the issue and
upload the patch there.  What isn't accepted on the issue tracker are
feature requests without patches.  Having a patch excludes it from
being simply a feature request.

My general inclination upon hearing about your patch is to question
whether it conditionally sets a variable based upon an option flag,
and whether the name of the variable is specified via option flag
argument.  While the option flag argument is not a requirement, though
useful, any additionally set variable should be conditional based upon
the specification of a particular option flag.  The reason for this is
that no matter how well you may believe your variable is named, it has
the potential to break existing dialplans if your chosen variable name
conflicts with a variable already set in somebody's dialplan.