[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Changes from Mantis ID 13495 in trunk.

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Fri Mar 9 06:05:32 CST 2012

<reviewboard at asterisk.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> All of the released branches of Asterisk including trunk use the 1.0
>> branch of libss7.  This patch depends upon libss7 trunk and a patch you
>> have done for libss7.  It is my understanding that the trunk branch of
>> libss7 is in an incomplete state and has not been worked on in quite a
>> while.
>>

> Do you mean that there are changes in 1.0 that are not part of trunk and
> should make my patch against 1.0 instead of trunk?
>
> Yes, trunk contains some incomplete changes for ss7clustering (i think),
> which are not actually used at the moment. I think 1.1 branch can be
> created for Asterisk 11 with the required changes and i can provide
> (additional) patch based on 1.0 instead of trunk if we can't make 1.1
from
> trunk, so the changes may go in both.

I have walked through the changes made to 1.0 only:
 part of 281 was already there and (slc) part is done in a different way
 282, 283 and 295 are now incorporated in the new version of the patch
 i am not sure what should be done with 286, 294 and 296 as the code is
different

It should be fine to use trunk as a base, because the incomplete (TCP /
cluster) changes do not affect the other code's functionality