[asterisk-dev] Using disallowed_methods in sip.conf

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Jun 14 10:44:24 CDT 2012

On 06/14/2012 10:35 AM, Pawel Kuzak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't want to use INFO for DTMF, I want to transmit it inband.
> Therefore I set "dtmfmode=inband" in the sip.conf general section. But
> that didn't make it. As my UAC offered INFO in the Allowed-Header and
> Asterisk offered INFO in the 200 OK, DTMF is transmitted via INFO.
> Additionally I then set "disallowed_methods=INFO" in the sip.conf
> general section, but Asterisk is still offering INFO in the
> Allowed-Header.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> I am using Asterisk 10.5.0.

Quote from sip.conf.sample:

; Note also that while Asterisk currently will parse an Allow header to
learn
; what methods an endpoint supports, the only actual use for this currently
; is for determining if Asterisk may send connected line UPDATE requests and
; MESSAGE requests. Its use may be expanded in the future.

Right now, disallowed methods will not work for the INFO method.

As for your DTMF situation, try setting the dtmfmode on the peer instead
of in the general section.

Mark Michelson