[asterisk-dev] Named ACLs

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jun 13 10:28:44 CDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 09:46 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> I think you've totally missed why John Todd and I came up with the ideas around Named ACLs. They have to be MANAGEABLE. That's why you will find a lot of work with trying to find out a way to manage NACLs in AMI and the CLI in my code. I would suggest that you take a look at this part too.

And I think you've missed a very important point: the code that has been
posted so far is a *framework*, clearly marked as not yet finished, that
was put up for review in order to ensure that the framework was sound
and was headed in the right direction to support what was desired. It is
not done, not even close to done, and no statement to that effect has
been made.

As it turns out, now that we've had the opportunity to spend more time
thinking about how the end result needs to work, we've tasked Johnathan
with stepping back and documenting the desired use cases and proposed
design on a wiki page so we can ensure that the project is headed in the
right direction. This should have been done originally, but was not, and
for that we'll take the blame.

--
Kevin P. Fleming