[asterisk-dev] New module with ext. dependency

Sean Kelly keenskelly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:05:41 CDT 2012

Dangit, the previous message sent unintentionally; finished below...

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Sean Kelly <keenskelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
>> On 07/24/2012 02:01 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
>>
>>> Which suggests that maybe I can enable this as so:
>>>
>>> ./configure --with-fftw
>>>
>>> However after running through a pile of checks, it ends up with:
>>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-fftw
>>

>> Did you run bootstrap.h after making your changes to configure.ac and the
>> other files? This is needed to regenerate the configure script itself.
>>
>> --
>> Kevin P. Fleming
>
> I did not! So with what I already posted, that got configure to come back with:

> configure: ***
> configure: *** The FFTW installation appears to be missing or broken.
> configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
> configure: *** including --without-fftw.
>
> I revised the check for FFTW in configure.ac to instead be:
> AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([FFTW], [libfftw3], [], [fftw3.h], [-lm -lfftw3])
>
> I presume this just attempts/checks the validity/accessibility of the
> header file? This got me a better result from `./configure
> --with-fftw` with the following output:
> checking for mandatory modules:  FFTW... ok
>
> Initially, with no other changes from what I originally listed,
> running make from the top tries to rebuild everything (and indeed
> does), the following messages appeared near the top of the make
> process:
> Generating input for menuselect ...
>
> menuselect/menuselect --check-deps menuselect.makeopts
> Unknown value '@PBX_FFTW@' found in build_tools/menuselect-deps for FFTW
>
> menuselect/menuselect --check-deps menuselect.makeopts
> Unknown value '@PBX_FFTW@' found in build_tools/menuselect-deps for FFTW
>
> Generating embedded module rules ...

Subsequently, I did a `make clean` and `make` again and those "Unknown
value" messages went away, however the build still does not link in
libfftw3 with my module. Perhaps it is worth noting that the shell
line I use to build my module code as a standalone application for
testing purposes appears as:

gcc analyzer.c -lfftw3 -lm -o analyzer

Those two switches for math library and libfftw3 are exactly what I
placed into configure.ac. The stand alone program is properly linked
and works just fine. Is there something else/different that I need to
do for Asterisk?

Thanks again,
- Sean