[asterisk-dev] New module with ext. dependency

Sean Kelly keenskelly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:01:50 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> On 07/24/2012 02:01 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> Which suggests that maybe I can enable this as so:
>>
>> ./configure --with-fftw
>>
>> However after running through a pile of checks, it ends up with:
>> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-fftw
>

> Did you run bootstrap.h after making your changes to configure.ac and the
> other files? This is needed to regenerate the configure script itself.
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming

I did not! So with what I already posted, that got configure to come back with:

configure: ***
configure: *** The FFTW installation appears to be missing or broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** including --without-fftw.

I revised the check for FFTW in configure.ac to instead be:
AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([FFTW], [libfftw3], [], [fftw3.h], [-lm -lfftw3])

I presume this just attempts/checks the validity/accessibility of the
header file? This got me a better result from `./configure
--with-fftw` with the following output:
checking for mandatory modules:  FFTW... ok

Initially, with no other changes from what I originally listed,
running make from the top tries to rebuild everything (and indeed
does), the following messages appeared near the top of the make
process:
Generating input for menuselect ...

menuselect/menuselect --check-deps menuselect.makeopts
Unknown value '@PBX_FFTW@' found in build_tools/menuselect-deps for FFTW

menuselect/menuselect --check-deps menuselect.makeopts
Unknown value '@PBX_FFTW@' found in build_tools/menuselect-deps for FFTW

Generating embedded module rules ...