[asterisk-dev] Request for documenters - AMI Events

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Jul 10 17:33:55 CDT 2012

Hello everyone!

As you may be aware, we've added documentation for AMI Events to Asterisk 11
(project page on the wiki here:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/AMI+Event+Documentation).  This may
come as no surprise, but there happen to be a lot of AMI events in Asterisk -
and as such, we could use some help!  If you're interested in helping us
document some AMI events, the following could use some TLC:

* chan_sip/chan_iax2
* All resource modules
* All extended support modules

Some of the events in 'main' have received only brief documentation blurbs as
well - enough so that their name, a brief synopsis and their fields will show
up in the CLI commands/on the wiki.  However, some additional meat to their
field descriptions (as opposed to just their names, which is inferred from the
*manager_event* macros) would probably be helpful as well.

If you have any questions about how to document AMI Events, gripes, or generally
just want to chat about it, feel free to ping me in #asterisk-dev.

Thanks!
--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer