[asterisk-dev] RFE idea for VM and maxmsg

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Mon Jan 23 11:48:36 CST 2012

Hello all,

we are using IMAP for the storage of VMs and had a user today his their maxmsg limit (default 100) and was wondering why nobody could leave them messages. I see in /var/log/asterisk/messages that it does write out a warning message of:

ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Unable to leave message since we will exceed the maximum number of messages allowed (%u >= %u)\n", msgnum, vmu->maxmsg);

but I was wondering how feasible it would be to modify the code to add:

1) the mailbox name of the user whom has hit the limit
2) a warning/critical threshold that the user is getting close to the limit

using whatever monitoring tool one has available eg. OSSEC the alert could be trapped and the user notified.

Thoughts or insults ?

--
Thanks, Phil