[asterisk-dev] CDR issues - Can someone sanity check them?

Ryan Wagoner rswagoner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:26:36 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I appreciate that CEL is probably the preferred call logging mechanism
> these days, but I've found a couple of CDR issues, originally in 1.6.2
> that still apply through 1.8.x and 10.x.
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-17826 was already
> open against 1.6.2, but I've just updated it for v.10
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19164 is new as I
> discovered it while researching #17826.
>
> Feedback welcomed please.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I've found the CDR records to be buggy when transferring. Basic
inbound/outbound calls are accounted for correctly. At the very least I
would like to see transfers fixed, which is most likely the same issue for
AMI redirects.

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18733

Having to parse CEL to produce my own CDR records seems like an extra step.
If CEL was added so I can parse the records correctly why can't Asterisk? I
know everyone has disagreements on how CDR records should be accounted for,
but I don't think CDR data should be just left out.

Ryan