[asterisk-dev] ConfBrifge question.

Yaroslav Panych panych.y at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 05:01:54 CST 2012

Hi

For now I'm working on Asterisk 1.8, and using MeetMe() as confernce
engine. I have not any DAHDI device, and I choose it because of
functionality: it has most functions I require(ConfBridge has much
less) except one which I implemented manually(in JIRA there is entry
for it). Now, my requirements is a little bigger, but in Asterisk 10
ConfBridge fully meets them(or I must reimplement them in MeetMe
manually, or use very bold workarounds). I would be happy to use
Asterisk 10, but I don't have any idea if it is safe in other parts of
usage(1.8-10 API/ABI compatibility and architecture changes).
So my questions is:
Can I safely backport app_confbridge.c from Asterisk 10 into Asterisk
1.8? Does it relates on some features in Asterisk 10 core which absent
in 1.8?
Probably somebody already done that?

regards, Yaroslav