[asterisk-dev] Asterisk CLI verbosity from another remote machine

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 03:49:22 CST 2012

Hi Julien,

Am Mittwoch, den 19.12.2012, 10:16 +0100 schrieb Julien Pawlak:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a question and I think it relates to asterisk-dev. Otherwise,
> excuse me if my question does not concern you.
>
> I would like to give asterisk CLI access to read-only by redirecting
> standard output to another remote machine via a RUBY script for
> security. My problem is that when I run my script, it did not
> display verbosity ..
>
> Can you explain to me how the asterisk CLI displays the verbosity,
> please?
>
> I do not want to pass by writing a log file full because it would too
> much writing to disk and greatly reduce the performance of my servers.

You can open a fifo (named pipe) and use this in the logger.conf instead
of a real file. Your ruby script can than read from the fifo. If You are
only interested in verbosity information, You could write
        path_to_fifo => verbose
in logger.conf.

Don't forget "logger reload" after changing the file logger.conf.

HTH,

Karsten