[asterisk-dev] SIP Stack - Update

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Mon Dec 17 13:59:12 CST 2012

On 12-12-10 08:56 PM, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> The second was easier to answer. While not exactly a trivial effort, it
> is possible to modify the pjproject build system to produce shared
> object libraries suitable for packaging. Teluu has agreed to support
> such an effort, although the work would have to be started by the
> Asterisk project. The initial project to create such a package is
> outlined on the Asterisk wiki [4]. At a minimum, Digium will work to create:
>   * A Git repository with a modified build system that produces shared
> object libraries and install targets of the libraries needed by Asterisk.
>   * Tarballs on downloads.asterisk.org.
>   * A package for CentOS.
> Ideally, the entire repository would end up being pushed up stream, but
> this would work in the interim to pull pjproject outside of the Asterisk
> source. The results of this effort will be available for developers who
> are interested in using them as the basis for creating and maintaining
> packages for other distributions.

Please don't solely take on the responsibility to create packages for
pjproject. Approach upstream Debian and Fedora and provide intensives
for help.

Right now, we don't even do a good job even providing the latest
versions of asterisk packages any more. And we already have a list of
people complaining about the lack up updates.  I don't believe this is
intentional, but a lack of resources.

Additionally, because of the way the Digium build infrastructure is
setup allow non-digium people access to it is not a trivial process.

Or, please have the local resource apply and become a package maintainer
for Fedora or Debian and use their existing infrastructure.  If Digium
wishes to maintain a local repo, back-porting from upstream is straight
forward.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)