[asterisk-dev] SIP Stack - Update

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Dec 11 12:29:25 CST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 02:07:25PM -0400, Joshua Colp wrote:
> Faidon Liambotis wrote:
>
> >- Are you going to assume upstream responsibilities too, like
> >reviewing/merging non-Asterisk-related patches, e.g. the
> >python-sipsimple ones?
>
> As Matt mentioned Teluu is open to incorporating the changes
> required if reasonable, with us taking the first steps. I'm
> optimistic that as the effort progresses the impact to other
> platforms will be small and it will end up occurring. If this
> doesn't then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it in my mind.

Reading this, one thing that comes to my mind is that I didn't see
anything on http://www.pjsip.org about what the recommended way to
flow patches upstream to them. I also didn't see anyway to create a
account on http://trac.pjsip.org/repos.

I've sent a patch to their mailing list [1] awhile ago when
investigating why parallel builds were failing with Asterisk and
didn't receive any acknowledgement about the issue or what I should
have done.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.voip.pjsip/16206

Can someone discuss what the process for flowing changes back to
pjsip generally will be? Will it always need to be through a
designated contact in the Asterisk project?

Thanks,
Shaun

--
Shaun Ruffell