[asterisk-dev] Tracking MOH on queues - ASTERISK-20742

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:02:50 CST 2012

Hello all,
I am posting this message following Leif's suggestion on
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-20742 that the patch
submitted by Steve Murphy in order to track MOH events happening on queues
should have a wider discussion.

The patch was written so that it would be possible to track MOH events
happening on queues on the queue_log - this is something I would be
personally very interested in, as it is one of the typical feature requests
we get for call-center statistics, and it is currently not trivial to
implement in Asterisk; so I believe it could add shared value to Asterisk.

The discussion on the patch was about whether it would be okay or not to
have a spread of knowledge between app_queue and res_musiconhold - in my
opinion that makes sense as MOH events have special, defined interest in
the context of being on a queued call, but the discussion is open.

Any takers?
l.

--
Loway - home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.com