[asterisk-dev] DAHDI migration to Git

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Thu Dec 6 12:40:53 CST 2012

On Dec 6, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Dan Jenkins wrote:

> I'm sorry if I came across as though I was suggesting to entirely change digium's workflow earlier, that wasn't what I meant at all.
>
> When I talked about using GitHub I didn't mean that you would have to use all of the features like wiki/issues etc, only that having the code in a public place (and easy to view and use) would only benefit the projects - git.asterisk.org is not a nice front end to git, it's the standard web GUI on top of git.

Agreed, but simply mirroring to GitHub would be sufficient. Then you wouldn't have to use gitweb.

> I also mentioned using bitbucket, is this something that digium have looked at? It's part of atlassians product range which is fully integrated into jira/confluence etc.

No; it has most of the same issues as GitHub. However I would like to look at Stash. The primary benefit there is that it can utilize the same authorization system the rest of our Atlassian apps support. I haven't looks at the details, but hopefully we could setup the permission such that only folks who have a signed CLA on file can submit a pull request.

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer