[asterisk-dev] libasteriskssl.so.1

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Aug 29 15:50:04 CDT 2012

On 12-08-29 01:59 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Giuseppe Longo <giuseppelng at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, just use the command `ldconfig`
>>
>> Thanks Matthew ;)
>
> I've seen another cause for this failure, as well.  If you're running
> on 64-bit Fedora or RHEL 6 (and maybe others, but at least those),
> libasteriskssl should be installed into /usr/lib64.  If you're
> installing from source, Asterisk will install it to /usr/lib/ by
> default, which is wrong.  To fix it, you must add an option when
> running configure:
>
> $ ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64

Do we not have the ability to detect 64-bit with our configure script
and attempt to choose the right directory?

Otherwise I'm sure we will have to explain this 100 time on the
asterisk-users mailing list.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)