[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Wed Aug 29 07:42:27 CDT 2012

Op 29-08-12 12:57, Benny Amorsen schreef:
> Michel Verbraak <michel at verbraak.org> writes:
>
>> With this setup when a modules is ever renamed a new section is added.
>> People can customize to their own specifics.
>> An interface needs to be created which every module can call to locate
>> it's config files. Each module specifies it's own lineids to use but the
>> main/initial config file lineid is always "mainconfig".
> What is the use case though? Are there actual users who love to rename
> their config files? Can't they make do with putting #include
> real-config.conf as the only line of the traditional file?
>
> Figuring out the Asterisk configuration is already a fairly daunting
> task. Allowing the system to hide the configuration files makes it
> worse, not better.
>

> /Benny
>

> --
In my proposal it is easier to see which configuration files are used by
which module. Just have a look into the modules.conf and it shows them all.
If someone wants to rename config files it is up to them. On use case
could be a second instance of asterisk reusing some of the config files
of the first instance.

Michel.