[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Tue Aug 28 04:25:18 CDT 2012

Op 24-08-12 04:35, Paul Belanger schreef:
> I'm slowly starting to testing Asterisk 11 and noticed something about
> our new modules config file names:
>
> chan_motif.so -> motif.conf
>
> and
>
> res_corosync.so -> res_corosync.conf
> res_xmpp.so -> xmpp.conf
>
> When chan_dahdi was rewritten we moved to chan_dahdi.conf. Should we
> do the same for chan_motif -> chan_motif.conf?
>
> Same for res_xmpp, we should move it to res_xmpp.conf.  This would
> line up with the majority of resource modules config file names.  Like
> we did for res_corosync.conf.
>
> Thoughts?

Why not create per module a new section to the modules.conf file where
it has a config file with at least one line specifing the main config
file. Something like

[modules]
autoload=yes
load => chan_sip.so
noload => chan_alsa.so

[chan_sip.so]
mainconfig=sip.conf    ; Expected to be in the "astetcdir" path
notifyconfig=/usr/local/asterisk/etc/sip_notify.conf

[chan_iax.so]
mainconfig=iax.con
provconf=iaxprov.conf

With this setup when a modules is ever renamed a new section is added.
People can customize to their own specifics.
An interface needs to be created which every module can call to locate
it's config files. Each module specifies it's own lineids to use but the
main/initial config file lineid is always "mainconfig".

This is just an idea.

Regards,

Michel.