[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11 configuration files

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Aug 26 11:06:29 CDT 2012

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:11:16AM -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
>>
>> +1 from me.  I like the module name == config file name convention and
>> think all new modules with config files should follow it.
>
> I must point out I still don't like that new convention and prefer
> 'motif.conf'. Module names are a mostly internal implementation detail. On the
> asterisk CLI, do you have 'chan_motif' or 'motif'?

-1 (to Russell), +1 (to Tzafrir).

Should I have to know if voicemail is app_voicemail or res_voicemail to
find the configuration file? The configuration file name should be obvious
from the functionality, not the implementation.

What if Asterisk 12 changed the implementation from an application to a
resource? Would the configuration file name be changed?

--
Thanks in advance,