[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] file: branch 11 r371619 - /branches/11/channels/chan_motif.c

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Aug 23 18:58:44 CDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

What are 'stable' branches?

There are only two branch types defined: LTS and Standard.  Both would be
considered 'stable'; however, the focus of new features in LTS versus
Standard is different.  I agree that should be spelled out in a more
cohesive fashion.  That is something Rusty and I can work on and propose
to everyone for additional comments.

Beta releases are just that: beta.  It is in testing.  It is not released.
I'm not sure I've ever participated in a beta release of anything where
things did not change.  If that wasn't the case, then the beta has no
point and we may as well release Asterisk 11.0.0.

Even so, we aren't talking about changing things.  We're talking about
making them consistent and correct, and fixing something that was missed
in the standard review process.  I don't explaining what a beta release
is needs to occur on a wiki page.  If you disagree, feel free to write
a draft page and propose it for comments.

> That said, what does our road-map look like?  And what issues are
> problematic?

Roadmap for what?  New versions of Asterisk?  Or for fixing things
in Asterisk 11?

For the former, well - that's what AstriDevCon is for.

For the latter, JIRA is your best bet for that.

project = ASTERISK AND affectedVersion = "11.0.0-beta1" and (status="Open"
or status="Triage") ORDER BY created DESC, key DESC

> I think we are having some issues with the ICE support, is that
> correct?

Nothing major.  Endpoints are having issues with ICE candidates.

This is noted in the UPGRADE.txt file, as well as the upgrade notes on
the wiki:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+11

There have been three issues filed that involve ICE support in some fashion:

ASTERISK-20088 - this was fixed prior to Asterisk 11 being available as
a beta (thanks to WIMPy for filing it).  It involved a legitimate problem in
Asterisk which was fixed prior to the beta, as well as a Huawei switch not
being able to handle the ICE candidates.

ASTERISK-20288 - this notes that the error message that occurs in ast_rtp_read
when pj_ice_sess_on_rx_pkt fails is less than helpful.  That will get fixed.
It also notes that PhonerLite chokes on the ICE candidates.

ASTERISK-20269 - add additional documentation to the Asterisk wiki describing
ICE support in Asterisk.  Again, I expect this to get worked soon.

> Last I seen, disabling it within chan_sip seems to help compatibility
> issues.  Are we still considering shipping Asterisk 11 with it
> enabled?

There have been no new releases of Asterisk 11.0.0, so yes, it is
still enabled by default.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager