[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-users] asterisk debian package and digium repository

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Aug 8 10:53:19 CDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 04:11:03PM -0500, Rusty Newton wrote:
> On 8/7/2012 7:27 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> >On 12-08-07 03:31 AM, ml asterisk wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I used to install asterisk on debian squeeze with digium repository.
> >>The last build of asterisk available is 1.8.11.1.
> >>Is this repository discontinued ?
> >>
> >Since leaving Digium they have become unmaintained.  If you are
> >interested in helping out, you might want to reach out to
> >#asterisk-dev or asterisk-dev mailing list.
> >
> Matt Jordan has been working on getting it sorted out, but we only
> have so much time and resources. Anyone who wants to step up and
> help out, don't be shy! As Paul said: #asterisk-dev or asterisk-dev
> mailing list.

I wonder if it would make sense to have a single (well: per-branch)
debian/ subdirectory, where all per-distribution patches would be
maintained as simple scripts to edit debian/control or the likes. This
is what I currently do in my (semi-)auto-builder.

Maybe even move the Debian packaging into the main asterisk tree.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com