[asterisk-dev] Bounty

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 22:51:34 CDT 2011

Dear Russell
I do apologize if the feature looked like a bug to me. The function
certainly is called SIP_HEADER(), not SIP_INVITE-HEADER(). It seems to
me that we should parse every SIP message received, automatically, or
maybe on demand if the function SIP_HEADER() is executed. In this
case, it could be about the last packet received only, to avoid
affecting performance.
In the past I argued that Asterisk MUST have a function like
"strreplace()", which is like the ABCD's of any programming language.
Again, I was dismissed as an intruder trying to get stuff done for
free. Helloooo!
You and I are in opposites side of the spectrum. I am a business man
trying to stay afloat with this technology, and you are one of the
programmers that can change the inner workings of Asterisk. The
opinion of the business side is what must lead the way, at least that
is the case in most corporations. You may think otherwise, but people
like me are the ones who bring income to the ecosystem. I have spent
thousands of dollars in Digium products and services. Just look in my
account. I also called Digium tech support and asked them to write me
this patch, and they declined. I guess they don't like the color of my
money.  So you know, Cisco Systems added, years ago, a line of
configuration to the  IOS because I complained about it, and
complained I did to the very president of the company, because the
engineers acted like you. The line was "sip-ua - connection-reuse".
In the case the engineers told me flat that I was crazy and that was
the way it was. They were rebuked after my letter.

With Digium I am not so lucky. However, I think that they missed the
opportunity to make some money off me, and that is hard to explain.
The patch would have taken a few hours. They declined to do the job.
Go figure. In my own company, if the client needs a change in the
system, I have NEVER declined to do it, for a price.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to rant about these matters.

Federico