[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] transnexus: branch 1.8 r338137 - /branches/1.8/apps/app_osplookup.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 29 11:12:12 CDT 2011

On 09/29/2011 10:53 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 11-09-28 09:38 PM, Di-Shi Sun wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Thank you for review the modification. These chages mainly are a bug
>> fix. The osplookup application in branch 1.8, also in trunk, cannot be
>> compiled with OSP Toolkit 4.0.0 and later versions. If it is possible,
>> we would prefer applying it in branch 1.8. Please let me know if we
>> should remove the changes from branch 1.8 and use the SVN tools you
>> mentioned to merge them from trunk.
>>
>> For configure.ac, I do not understand how to do. Do you mean except
>> committing configure.ac iteself, we should run bootstrap.sh and commit
>> the result "configure" file too?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Di-Shi Sun.
>>
> Yes, you'll need to remove the code from 1.8, since new features cannot
> be merged into it.

If Asterisk 1.8's OSP code was *supposed* to be able to build against
OSP Toolkit 4.0.0, but was broken, then this is a bug fix. If OSP
Toolkit 4.0.0 was released after Asterisk 1.8.0, though, then this is a
new feature as Paul has mentioned.

I'm OK with this change going into Asterisk 10; it's still in beta mode
and changes to support new external library versions are reasonable
during this period.

--
Kevin P. Fleming