[asterisk-dev] DAHDI frame type

Kelvin Chua kelchy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:49:03 CDT 2011

I've stumbled into a problem, I have enabled waitfordialtone=1000 to wait
1second for a dialtone before dialling a call. This is analog FXSKS
signalling (fxo port)

I have verified that during the 1 second period, chan_dahdi receives
frametype = 5 (AST_FRAME_NULL) so when it enters this part, it does nothing
and does not get into the routine.

   } else if (p->waitingfordt.tv_sec) {
                                if (ast_tvdiff_ms(ast_tvnow(),
p->waitingfordt) >= p->waitfordialtone ) {
                                        p->waitingfordt.tv_sec = 0;
                                        ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Never saw
dialtone on channel %d\n", p->channel);
                                        f=NULL;
                                } else if (f->frametype == AST_FRAME_VOICE)
{
                                        f->frametype = AST_FRAME_NULL;
                                        f->subclass.integer = 0;
                                        if ((ast_dsp_get_tstate(p->dsp) ==
DSP_TONE_STATE_D

Any idea on why this is happening? I might have missed a config similar to
PRI's early media or something.

Kelvin Chua