[asterisk-dev] unexpected behavior between chan_sip and chan_iax2 configuration files

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Sep 8 06:06:00 CDT 2011

8 sep 2011 kl. 12:50 skrev Kevin P. Fleming:

> On 09/08/2011 12:45 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> This is often confusing people as we teach. It depends on the setting.
>>
>> Compare with multiple rows of allow/disallow or permit/deny. IAX2 allows multiple context= lines where SIP and other channels does not.
>
> This is indeed correct; it is inconsistent across modules, and in some cases within a module. To throw yet another example on the fire, settings in chan_dahdi.conf are not 'processed' until a "channel=>" line is encountered, so if the same setting is seen multiple times, the last one seen 'wins' (as Paul was expecting in his original post).
>
> The semantics of how configuration settings are processed and applied varies by module, which is not ideal. In many cases it could probably be changed without losing any useful behavior, but it would have to be done very carefully.

Agree. The realtime implementation also pushed us forward, in that we can separate multiple values with the same parameter name in one row, like

context=staff;executives

in iax.conf

We have cleaned up a lot - the stuff in musiconhold.conf was changed years ago. I don't remember the state of agents.conf but the syntax definitely needs to be changed, like in dahdi. The template system should be used.

Queues.conf has a way of adding members that adds one per line too.

So much to do, but we have made real progress since 1.0.

/O