[asterisk-dev] unexpected behavior between chan_sip and chan_iax2 configuration files

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 8 05:50:54 CDT 2011

On 09/08/2011 12:45 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> This is often confusing people as we teach. It depends on the setting.
>
> Compare with multiple rows of allow/disallow or permit/deny. IAX2 allows multiple context= lines where SIP and other channels does not.

This is indeed correct; it is inconsistent across modules, and in some
cases within a module. To throw yet another example on the fire,
settings in chan_dahdi.conf are not 'processed' until a "channel=>" line
is encountered, so if the same setting is seen multiple times, the last
one seen 'wins' (as Paul was expecting in his original post).

The semantics of how configuration settings are processed and applied
varies by module, which is not ideal. In many cases it could probably be
changed without losing any useful behavior, but it would have to be done
very carefully.

--
Kevin P. Fleming