[asterisk-dev] uncached realtime sip friends cannot set transport-protocol in sipregs

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 7 05:07:24 CDT 2011

7 sep 2011 kl. 12:02 skrev Walter Doekes:

> On 07/09/11 11:49, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> So where did the transport=tcp in the URI come from after you loaded the SIP peer from realtime?
>
> I told you: astdb
>
> Partial answer, actually. Real answer is: first, it came from the sipregs, because it was still stored there from when I had rtcachefriends=yes. But, after removing that (UPDATE sipregs SET fullcontact=''), I still got the fullcontact. Then I broke astdb deliberately and finally I got no fullcontact (i.e. a constructed R-URI from ipaddr+port).

That's just a very big bug. Report it and hopefully someone will fix it down the line.

I've stated many times that the Asterisk realtime support in chan_sip needs a lot of love and possibly a new architecture... Unless someone comes up with resources to do that, we will have to survive with all the weird stuff that is in there now... Or move to Kamailio for registration/location handling, which works much better.

/O