[asterisk-dev] Audio is not always working.

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Mon Oct 17 15:33:52 CDT 2011

My phones are Cisco 7971-G with SCCP80.8-3-1S firmware as well as a
custom SCCP phone developed by a 3rd party company Telecore. I will try
Asterisk 10 and see if this problem still persist.

Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Damien
Wedhorn
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 3:21 PM
To: Asterisk Developers Mailing List
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] Audio is not always working.

On 18/10/11 07:13, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 11-10-17 03:56 PM, Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com wrote:
>> I am having some audio issues and was hoping that someone could point
me
>> in the right direction.
>>
> Please post this to the asterisk-users mailing list, this list is for
> asterisk development discussions.
Look like a bug, so I think this is the correct list, although, it
appears to be in relation to chan_sccp, so maybe not.
>> I create a call between to local SCCP phones, audio is bridged and
>> sounds great. I then hang-up the call and right away put up the same
>> call and now I get no audio until both parties are placed on hold. I
>> have tried this with both the chan_skinny module and chan_sccp module
>> and get the same result with both, so I do not think it is something
>> specific to the SCCP driver. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Given that chan_sccp and chan_skinny are so different, I'm a bit
reluctant to believe they have the same issue.

Regarding chan_skinny (you'll need to try the chan_sccp list regarding
chan_sccp), what sort of phones are you using, what firmware, and also
you should be aware that skinny support is not that good in 1.8. You
should try asterisk10 or trunk.

Damien Wedhorn