[asterisk-dev] Replace voicemail PIN with voice biometric authentication

Nick Wise nick.wise at voicevault.com
Thu Oct 13 07:28:46 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am new to Asterisk today, coming to it because I am looking for ways to demonstrate my company's voice biometric technology in real world solutions.  What I would like to do is replace the PIN mechanism for accessing voicemail with a voice biometric authentication.

I have looked over the main web site and wiki information sources and am confused as how I would proceed with this.  There's some indication that this could be accomplished using a script, but the biometric process is interactive (by which I mean that I need to prompt the user to speak successive phrases until they are verified), and I've not found a clear document that describes how that might be done.

Other indicators are that I either need to write or modify an application, or modify the core product.

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction, so that I can narrow down the volume of information I need to search through.

Nick Wise