[asterisk-dev] IAX Hardphone (again)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Nov 30 17:09:00 CST 2011

On 11/30/2011 04:54 PM, Bill Shaw wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having trouble with an IAX command and was wondering if someone
> would take a look and maybe point me in the right direction.
>
> I am running Asterisk 1.8.4.2 on CentOS 5.6. When I try to set up an
> incoming call (my hardphone calling to Asterisk) I issue a 'new' packet
> that is ignored by Asterisk. There's got to be something wrong with my
> 'new' packet but I can't see it. I've uploaded a short Wireshark capture
> file to:
> http://b.shaw.home.comcast.net/new.pcap

Did you make this capture *on* the system running Asterisk? Does
anything show up on the Asterisk console if you have 'iax2 set debug on'
in place?

> The players here are:
> 192.168.1.50 - my development system running Zoiper
> 192.168.1.4 - the Asterisk PBX
> 192.168.1.31 - my IAX hardphone
>
> You can see my 'new' command at packet #28 in the capture. I *think* I
> got all the required information elements but the command is just
> ignored by Asterisk so my hardphone just keeps retransmitting it.

In my version of Wireshark (1.6.2), there is an Unknown IE with a weird
value in it (second from the last). What is that?

> I'm in the final stages of development hoping to be able to ship product
> soon but I am stuck at this point. If someone could take a look and
> offer some words of wisdom I'd forever be in your debt.

If you can't get calls started, it seems like you might be not quite in
the 'final stages' of development yet :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming