[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Don't keep the STUN socket open between STUN monitor checks.

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Wed Nov 23 13:45:37 CST 2011

On 2011-11-23 13:57, Richard Mudgett wrote:
> If the DNS server rotates STUN server addresses for each request, it could
> change the external address and port seen through the NAT.  This is why I
> added the new option to enable the periodic DNS refreshes.

Ok I understand better now.

So if the STUN server address or our own address changes, one of two
things should happen:
- There is no response
- We get an ICMP error

Why not detect these two cases (perhaps wait until you get 3 consecutive
failures) and renew the socket then?

Simon
--
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca