[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.10 - Upcoming Beta

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue May 31 17:33:23 CDT 2011

Greetings,

It has been a few months since the last big update on Asterisk 1.10 [1].
 The Asterisk versions overview [2] calls for the release of Asterisk
1.10 in October of this year.  We need at least 3 months to go through
the beta and RC process.  That means that we need to release the first
beta at the end of June.

We should be as close to feature complete at the time of the first beta
as possible.  It's possible to slip a few more things in during beta,
but we should minimize that as much as we can to help reduce the impact
to the testing effort.

We need to make a big push in June to get the things we want in 1.10
into Asterisk trunk.  If you have features that you'd like to get in,
please respond to this thread with a link to the issue on the issue
tracker (and reviewboard if it's there too).

Thanks,

[1] http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2011-February/048028.html

[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software