[asterisk-dev] SLA

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 26 09:41:46 CDT 2011

On 05/25/2011 05:46 PM, Damien Wedhorn wrote:
> I'm trying to get my head around some issues I'm having with
> implementing SLA into a channel.
>
> Basically, my understanding is that when a call is made into an
> SLATrunk, a call and a hint is sent to each station. For the life of me
> I can't see haw to actually identify that the hint is related to the call.
>
> The issue is that if two calls come in at the same time, the station
> will receive two hints and two calls, but how can it marry them up? The
> hint.exten will indicate the specific trunk but the call doesn't seem to.

No, this is not quite true.

When a call is sent into an SLATrunk, all SLA stations that are watching
that trunk will receiving a state update indicating that the trunk is in
'ringing' state; no calls will be sent to the stations.

The station needs to provide visible and audible indication to the user
that the trunk is ringing; this same indication would be presented to
the user even if more than one trunk was ringing.

When a user wants to answer the ringing call on the trunk, they'll press
a line key (or go off-hook, with a phone that will send an appropriate
call request automatically when doing so), which generates a call to the
SLAStation application with the appropriate arguments to 'seize' that
trunk; that endpoint is then placed into a bridge with the incoming
channel, and the state of the trunk is changed to 'active'.. so all the
stations will stop generate 'ringing' indications for that trunk.

--
Kevin P. Fleming